Thu, Jul 16|
The Transforming Workplace: Workforce Adaptation in a COVID-19 World
Whether you are a business owner, decision maker, employee or a contractor, this event is a practical conversation towards creating a safe workplace during and post-pandemic.
Time & Location
Jul 16, 2020, 12:10 PM – 12:55 PM EDT
About the event
COVID-19 has created challenges and opportunities on a massive scale for Canadians. The pandemic has forced businesses to adapt all elements of their enterprise to stay competitive during this transition to a “new normal.” Modification of workforces and workplaces can provide a significant advantage to businesses that act quickly. Simultaneously, there are legal and operational challenges in managing transformations during and after the pandemic that must be addressed.
Whether you are a business owner, decision maker, employee, or contractor, this event will provide practical considerations and a discussion for:
- Key legal considerations for transforming your workforce;
- Practical and operational concerns a business must address during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Recommendations on how to mitigate unexpected risk that comes with transforming your workforce’s operational requirements
- Devan Marr - Insurance and Employment Lawyer at Strigberger Brown Armstrong LLP - Warm blooded, and definitely not a robot, Devan provides a humanistic edge that many fail to deliver. He strives to guide his clients through a crisis with practical and effective advice. With a focus on, employment practices liability, cyber liability, and disability claims, Devan’s unique insurance litigation practice makes him the “go-to” for novel or confounding legal questions. As Strigberger Brown Armstrong LLP’s resident employment law fanatic, Devan provides his clients with a full spectrum of employment advice on dismissals (wrongful, constructive, without cause, or otherwise), workplace investigations, human rights claims, and everything in between. As part of the firm’s Cyber & Privacy practice group, Devan helps his clients manage the trickiest software of all: people. His clients can expect to receive timely and practical advice on developing, implementing, and enforcing effective policies that can reduce an organization's exposure to risk.
- Gunjan Syal - Transformation Executive at Emerald Technology Group Inc - Gunjan carries a passion for aligning people, methodology and technology. This coupled with her ability to connect business and technology goals has led to a number of success stories for the US and Canadian clients in technology, retail, financial services, healthcare, consulting, transportation and public sectors. Gunjan has lead successful initiatives at C-Suite level through strategy, governance and product/ program planning.