TED Circles: Reconciliation & Innovation (Free)
Time & Location
About This Workshop
Note: This session is limited to 25 attendees and is NOT recorded. No sales pitches, please.
TED Circles are held monthly. They are a free, safe and inclusive online place to connect with innovators from all over the globe.
In Canada, the process of reconciliation is tied to the federal government's relationship with Indigenous peoples. As we innovate with new solutions involving AI, IoT and other disruptive technologies post-pandemic, we will need to ensure the solutions are built with everyone's needs in mind. Let's meet and discuss:
- Why reconcile and how?
- How are reconciliation and innovation linked?
- What's next?
For additional inspiration before we meet:
- TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_lamoureux_truth_and_reconciliation
- Article: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/campaigns/national-day-truth-reconciliation.html
Want to explore more workshops? Visit transform this upcoming events.
- Rodney Hester is Eeyou of Eeyou Istchee, Cree Nation of Waskaganish and beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), 1975, the first modern-day treaty and Aboriginal land claim agreement in Canada. The Cree have a remarkable story to share – EeyouDibahjimoon. Rodney is a voice that shares truth to advance the cause of Reconciliation. Prior to joining the federal public service, he served in management capacities for the Cree Nation Government / Grand Council of the Crees of Quebec. Having been mentored by progressive Leadership who give life to and advance the vision of the JBNQA, he brings a wealth of rare experience and offers informed value-added contributions from a unique perspective.
- Gunjan Syal - Chief Strategy Officer at GoEmerald. Gunjan innovates businesses and ecosystems in a way that the results are visible, measurable and repeatable. She enables businesses as a fractional CSO, CPO, COO, CTO and a board member. She has led innovation initiatives for 38+ US & Canadian businesses in 10 industries. Gunjan has developed a dynamic innovation framework, is a globally celebrated TED Circles host.
- Free Ticket$0$00$0